Home Stay Host Training Programme for 160 youth at Tezu, Arunachal Pradesh
under supervision and facilitation of National Cadet Corps (NCC),
Ministry of Defence, Government of India
Project Location - Indira Gandhi College Tezu, Arunachal Pradesh
Key Highlights of the Project -
This project highlights what Honorable PM Modi Ji has been emphasizing - Bringing attention
towards the North East, so that this area also develops along with the rest of the country.
- REACHA proposes to train 160 students in a year as part of Home Stay Host training programme
- There will be two modes for the programme full time and part time
- Full time: This will be for recent Graduates
- Part time: This will be for students currently enrolled in college
- All batches cover 250 hours learning curriculum curated by THSC / recognized agency
- Eligibility: Youth from and around Tezu, Arunachal Pradesh:
- Minimum Qualification: 12th pass, Age bracket - 16 to 25 years
- Willing to work in this industry, with focus on employability
- Training content, assessment and certifications for the programme would be in
alignment with the Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council (THSC) / National Skill
Development Corporation (NSDC) Government of India /Ministry of Skill Development
and Entrepreneurship Guidelines / recognized agency. The training programme
will include Core Training module focusing on Home Stay Host training and
Soft Skill component would include the following – Basic computer skills,
Grooming, Dress code, Communication Skills, Resume making, Interview handling
REACHA through IIFL Foundation and NCC's support is taking a first step towards this vision of our PM.
The project also aims to bring in relevant market linkages and government schemes for the students enrolled to help them get access
to opportunities to get employed in the market / start their own home stay enterprises, and be able to earn a better livelihood and
support themselves and their families.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) Newsletter May 2023 has also emphasized that there has been uneven CSR spending in India and
is calling out corporates to spend their CSR investments especially in NE. This project seeks to also align to this mandate of MCA
/ Government of India.